Stat Counter

Thursday, August 27, 2009

WORKINGS OF THE SPIRIT

During the last few months I have undergone a spiritual conversion, from being mediocre and lukewarm in my spiritual life to being what I can only describe as being "on fire" with the Spirit. During these last three months I have developed and continue to develop and deepen a very close relationship with the Spirit. In part this is through the excellent questions of my spiritual adviser and in a small novena to the Holy Spirit (published by the Apostles of the Holy Spirit - see the links). One prayer that I've found extremely helpful is the following:


Prayer for the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Jesus, before ascending into Heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to finish Your work in the souls of Your Apostles and Disciples. Grant the same Holy Spirit to me that He may perfect in my soul the work of His grace and His love. Come Holy Spirit Grant me the Spirit of Wisdom - that I may not be attached to the perishable things of this world - but aspire only after the things - that are eternal. Grant me the Spirit of Understanding to enlighten my mind - with the light of Your divine truth - the Spirit of Counsel - that I may ever choose the surest way of pleasing God - and gaining Heaven - the Spirit of Fortitude - that I may bear my cross and that I may overcome with courage, all the obstacles that oppose my sanctification - the Spirit of Knowledge that I may know God and know myself and grow perfect in the image of the Saints. Grant me the Spirit of Piety - that I may find the service of God sweet and enjoy showing Your goodness to others, the Spirit of Fear - that I may be filled with a loving reverence towards God and may avoid anything that may displease Him. Mark me, dear Holy Spirit - with the sign of a true apostle and make me alive with Your Spirit in all things.
Amen.

From the web site of "Apostles of the Holy Spirit" http://www.aoths.org

No comments:

Post a Comment